Researchers at the University of Southampton have developed a new 3D system to study human infection in the laboratory.
Asbestos Survey Types
Asbestos-containing materials (ASBESTOS) are either known to contain asbestos, or presumed to contain asbestos.
The purpose of surveying is to make a ‘materials assessment‘, ie
- To find ASBESTOS and record what it is, where it is and how much there is
- To record how accessible it is, its condition, and any surface treatment
- To record the asbestos type, by sampling or by presuming
- Detailed guidance on these and on survey strategy, planning, conduct, sampling and reporting are in ‘Asbestos: The survey guide’
Types of survey
The duty-holder, building owner, employer and surveyor need to be clear on the type of survey needed, where the survey is needed, and what records should result.
There are two types of survey for ASBESTOS
Management Asbestos Survey
The Management Asbestos Survey purpose is required to manage ASBESTOS during the normal occupation and use of premises. The duty-holder can make a Management Asbestos Survey where the premises are simple and straightforward. Otherwise, a surveyor is needed.
A Management Asbestos Survey aims to ensure that:
- nobody is harmed by the continuing presence of ASBESTOS in the premises or equipment
- that the ASBESTOS remain in good condition
- that nobody disturbs it accidentally
The Survey must locate ASBESTOS that could be damaged or disturbed by normal activities, by foreseeable maintenance, or by installing new equipment. It involves minor intrusion and minor asbestos disturbance to make a Materials Assessment. This shows the ability of ASBESTOS, if disturbed, to release fibres into the air. It guides the client, eg in prioritising any remedial work.
Refurbishment / demolition survey
The Refurbishment / demolition Survey is required where the premises, or part of it, need upgrading, refurbishment or demolition. The Survey does not need a record of the ASBESTOS condition. Normally, a surveyor is needed for Refurbishment / demolition Surveys.
A Refurbishment / demolition Asbestos Survey aims to ensure that:
- nobody will be harmed by work on ASBESTOS in the premises or equipment
- such work will be done by the right contractor in the right way
The Survey must locate and identify all ASBESTOS before any structural work begins at a stated location or on stated equipment at the premises. It involves destructive inspection and asbestos disturbance. The area surveyed must be vacated, and certified ‘fit for reoccupation’ after the survey.
Capital of England
London, the capital of England and the United Kingdom, is a 21st-century city with history stretching back to Roman times. At its centre stand the imposing Houses of Parliament, the iconic ‘Big Ben’ clock tower and Westminster Abbey, site of British monarch coronations. Across the Thames River, the London Eye observation wheel provides panoramic views of the South Bank cultural complex, and the entire city.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!